Tuesday, May 24, 2011

“Your Face is a Mystery” Vol. 1 Poem Dedicated to my Mom #2006

“Your Face is a Mystery” (Last page in An Abstract World Vol. 1 #2006)

By: Anthony Hanes




I tossed and turned in your womb
The world was a mystery
Life was a maze that I didn't know existed
A few more weeks and my travel would begin
When and where it ends,
I have not a clue.
One thing I do know to be true...

"You loved me"

I don't remember "tasting any toxins",
 from bad habits through bad advice,
or just living "long" days and "short" nights.
I do remember how gentle your rubs,
pushed against the walls that protected my life..

Why did you leave so soon?

Once the bright lights hit my weak eyes,
"You Died" a year later and I could barely "SEE"

(This was dedicated to my mother and is a true story...R.I.P.)

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment