Sunday, May 22, 2011

"In Hell I Sit" (Poem/Short Story)

"In Hell I Sit" (circa 2007)
 
The photograph fell to the concrete as the colossal truck thrust his wheels over my reality…over my head there is a dark cloud and the thunder destroys part of my hearing...destruction is what my soul fight against as I walk down an alley where there is no end in sight…no end to this pain and rain is on the way…with no umbrella I contemplate a great storm….no storm is foreign…the hurt is second nature so…I hibernate in the thoughts of past smiles…I'm tired…so…I rest…"In Hell I Sit"...waiting...waiting...waiting …for the Pursuit of Happiness to defeat a tortured life where… War is constant and my ammunition is running low…the picture floats down the sewage of loneliness …five people smile in this photo but only one live today to wait for the Green Mile…the Upper Room…the stairway to Heaven…or maybe…I'm just waiting…"In Hell I Sit"…the last survivor from a tree with dead roots…the last survivor in the circle of love that was dissolved by our leader…a psychological breakdown was the assessment by the medical physician….last week…7 days…2 hours…30 minutes and 49 seconds ago…he loaded the rifle….loaded death into the dark angels weapon…walked room to room…slaying love…cutting down the trees and killing the roots of the near future…closed caskets…closed caskets…the doctor revived me in time…in time to see 4 dead corpse…in time to avoid that dark tunnel that was approaching my sight…in time to see my mother, brother, and sister have a white towel pulled over their bodies…I am nobody …My somebody has deserted me…"In Hell I Sit"…wet from the overweight clouds…thinking about how the coward took his own life…took the life of his wife…now his seeds are in the ground but lack the oxygen to grow…nieces and nephews I will never know…and thanksgiving dinners that have been executed from existence…"In Hell I Sit"…with not even one glass of water…"In Hell I Sit"….looking in the mirror but seeing a blank image…waiting for the end…waiting for …a Revelation..

No comments:

Post a Comment