Saturday, July 28, 2012

"Your EX Tried To Kill Me!” #FreestylePoem 7/28/2012



In the attic my hands shivered in sweat,
as a nervousness fought against,
a situation that started as a bet.
Yet, your Ex Tried To Kill Me!

At the bar,
We met, you said you were single.
A few of my drunken friends,
dared me to mingle.
As the clock ticked,
I had no idea of tonight's future explosions.
Tonight's regrets-
Unfolding-
A taxi cab glides down the yellow brick road.
Case closed-

After an hour or so of great sex,
numerous texts provided your demeanor,
with a paranoid reflection.
I could sense potential danger,
maybe foreshadowing’s of aggression.
Knocks on the door became louder,
you asked me to hide in the shower.
Nope, I decided to head to the front door,
when I heard loud roars of profanity.
Keeping my sanity,
I dashed up to the attic,
hoping for proper insulation.
Darkness waits-
Heart rate faced with stimulation.

A small window,
provided me with a direct exit to the roof.
Hell, I have nothing more to prove.
The glass was slowly tilted,
when I heard a scream through the ceiling.
Shades of chivalry,
put me face to face with the enemy.
Face to face with a Man in misery.


Your Ex Tried To Kill Me!
I dodged a few punches,
before pushing him back.
This is not a James Patterson novel,
this was a real attack.
Survival-
She cried "It's been over for months!"
A Police Siren blasted outside.
Vital-
With massive tears rolling down his face,
he pulled a gun out.
Disgraced-
In his mouth the trigger exploded,
as the entire wall was painted burgundy.
This was terror to the 3rd degree.
The cops busted in,
assessing the crime scene.
A nightmare on Elm Street,
the site of a horrific scene.

The End

Tony Hanes Poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment