Sunday, July 22, 2012

“Run Little Negro Boy” 7/22/2012 #Revised 7/28/2012

“I believe this truly came from the perspective of a woman who knew right from wrong, regardless of the times. I’m sure this was a true story for someone” –Tony Hanes

“Run Little Negro Boy”

The horses are coming! ...The horses are coming! “Run Little Negro Boy”…RUN! …They travel with Neuse… They travel with Neuse… You will be killed for fun. Out the back door! Out the back door!
 I can’t help you here anymore… No more food… No more clothes… Please my child, JUST GO… No more food… No more clothes… Please my child, JUST GO… Our basement can no longer house you… Run without looking back… The natives have learned your whereabouts… Hoods and Torches will attack… The natives bring mighty sticks of hate… your fate they lust to destroy… “Run Little Negro Boy”…”Run Little Negro Boy”…I hope your future finds JOY…“Run Little Negro Boy”…”Run Little Negro Boy”… There’s nothing more to do… This is no longer a place to hide… This is no longer refuge… I pray for you… I pray for you…The noise outside draws near…The Confederates are coming!...The Confederates are coming!... They hope to see you in fear… The Flags wave high… I hear Trumpets roar….A Slaves life...they will never adore… They hope to see you die!... I can't have you here anymore...Please my child, JUST GO...They hope to see you die!... All of my family...Now know where you hide… They want to see you die!...Today, not even the Lord can save you with his GRACE …“Run Little Negro Boy”… RUN!...Through the woods you must go …“Run Little Negro Boy”… Through the night you must disappear…I hope to see you in Heaven one day… I hope to see you NEAR!
The End

No comments:

Post a Comment