Tuesday, July 24, 2012

“Grant Me Serenity” #Faith (by Tony Hanes)

“Grant Me Serenity”

“Prayer is the act of communicating with a deity or spirit in worship.[1] Specific forms of this may include praise, requesting guidance or assistance, confessing sins, as an act of reparation or an expression of one's thoughts and emotions.” *wikipedia





 

God, “Grant Me Serenity” in these times of need.
Indeed, you are the beginning and the end.
Therefore; I send you this letter sealed with faith.
Regardless of the language and interpretation,
I remain on bended knees.

“Grant Me Serenity” in a fashion that I can understand.
I pray for the ones who are forced to live in Misery.
Slavery-
Victims of worldwide inflation-
False representation-
Spectacles made out of honest people-
The evil that men do is unacceptable… Inconceivable
Accept this apology on all of our behalf.
Accept this plea so the righteous can at least be mentally free.

I ask again, “Grant Me Serenity” so I can sleep well tonight.
Today, I heard that there is a fight between doctrines and scripture.
This debate, I decided to remain neutral and feed on truth.
The hour glass has taught me to talk only when needed,
patiently contemplating spiritual refuge.
Time pass as I wait for solitude.

Tomorrow, on bended knees,
another request for you to “Grant Me Serenity”,
will flow off my tongue with utter humility.
At this moment I sit here relaxed, head nodding to my favorite beat-
Knowing that serenity is right down the street and peace has been granted with
Thee-
God, “Grant Me Serenity” and I will continue to stretch my hands to thee-

The End




No comments:

Post a Comment