Tuesday, January 15, 2013

“Why We Live” by Tony Hanes 1/15/2013

“Why We Live” by Tony Hanes 1/15/2013


Born into existence, I embrace life with persistence.
Not knowing where each road may go,
I ride the highway,
hoping my tires don’t explode.
Without fearing snow, I push the gas,
fighting against possible storms,
and challenges that approach.
“Why We Live”, is a mission worth travel.

Trying to unravel secrets,
hidden between  evolution and the bible,
ignite debates with those who have questions,
 swiftly becoming rivals.
With no answers in sight,
idol God’s continue to fight.
We attempt to figure out “Why We Live”,
by challenging others Civil Rights.

Driving towards various exits on this Earth,
my birth is what I search.
Sliding down hills of enlightenment,
I feel my spirits heighten.
To be or not to be is the question,
At night, I study my lessons.
On this date, I received some blessings,
contemplating on “Why We Live”.

Now the new day has come,
at times I knew I had to run.
In this life you’re never done,
“until” your done.
Fun is breathing and sharing your genes.
Things aren’t always what they seem.
“Why We Live” is not a dream,
but a reality and a puzzle.
People will judge you,
and force you to struggle.
Stay strong and appreciate your worth.
We all die and return to dirt,
and the earth.
We all do not live though,
some forfeit their very breath.
I plan to live until no life is left.

The End
 (c) TonyHanesPoetry2013




No comments:

Post a Comment