Monday, January 14, 2013

“Euphoria”: εὐφορία (Part 2: Coronation) by Tony Hanes #1/14/13

“Euphoria”: εφορία (Part 2: Coronation)

As darkness penetrated the nest,
 an Eclipse invaded our place of rest.
The test was to be “Crowned” best.
A “Coronation” for your new “King” who stood proud,
after the effects of a red light special,
that put Elizabeth in a coma-like state,
I know we are blessed.
Foggy mirrors reflected victory,
an altered mind set.
I honor to protect this castle from whatever evils,
to my very last breath, even death.

At this time there is life, a gift from the creator.
Humble beginnings make this inauguration,
one for the ages.
The trumpet blows from Clergy,
 that overlook this occasion.
Two white horses are presented.
My eyes squinted as I viewed the crowd,
making sure no soul would question this union.
If so, “thy blade” would deny false tongues,
who dare challenge this chivalry.
Next to me, the Queen glazed the scenery with grace.

As the gates opened, even the poor threw tokens,
acknowledging the throne.
We have a Prince in training and a plan to expand,
our bloodline.
I find,
it necessary to always prepare for War.
Still,
I adore this moment.

The savior vowed to protect us but,
my blade remains steady.
I’m ready, to bleed for thy love.
In Centuries to come,
they will pass down stories about us.
Lust has been defeated,
as we established a new dynasty of trust.
Countrymen will echo “Your Highness”,
to the Tudors that follow in History.
The mysteries of life are patched with a kiss.
As darkness invade our place of refuge,
we marinate in bliss.

The End

(c) TonyHanesPoetry2013






No comments:

Post a Comment