Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"Euphoria”: εὐφορία (Part 3: Final Resting Place) by Tony Hanes 1/15/13

"Euphoria”: εφορία (Part 3: Final Resting Place) by Tony Hanes

Doctors exit the room as I reflect,
on a life almost complete.
I sink deeper into tomorrow,
Knowing that today brings sorrow.
I borrowed a piece of happiness to share,
Now I stare at yesterday with a smile.
Flowers filled the room,
 but I’m prepared for the green mile.

You said you would always be there,
So I prepared my last will and testament,
for one who was heaven sent.
Clutching my hand ever so tight,
we know this is our final night.
I have a flight to catch with the father.
Don’t bother shedding a tear or fear,
where my ride may end.
Just know you appeared,
During a time when love wasn’t near,
or dear.

25 years you gave me peace.
As each sunrise approached,
our passion increased.
There is no way to measure,
the time we spent together.
I was the soft one,
You were tougher than leather.
There is no place I’d rather be,
Than have you sit next to me.
My plea,
Is that you find happiness again,
or a friend.

Your face still resembles the fountain of youth.
Other soldiers will approach your fortress.
I’m not jealous; your heart must be mended,
not tortured.
It’s ok; we shared "Euphoria" for 9,125 Moons.
I’ll be gone soon,
but with you forever.
We all have an expiration date.
With fate, we all run out of time.
Remember each day that we loved,
It’s now my flat line.

The End
(c) TonyHanesPoetry2013

No comments:

Post a Comment