Thursday, January 10, 2013

“Euphoria”: εὐφορία (Part 1) 1/10/2013 by Tony Hanes

“Euphoria”: εφορία
(Part 1)

With an enchanted state of mind,
I seek nirvana in the arms of one who embrace Paradise.
Tonight I wait for an angel,
that descended from the Heavens to save me.
A state of grace where I place my faith,
Not knowing if these feelings are crazy.

Sanity remains an enemy,
 for those who think like us.
I trust a future of εφορία,
it's happiness that I lust.
Consciousness is often overlooked,
as reason drowns in lakes of contentment.
Barely keeping my head above water,
lucid dream(s) of living with no resentment.

As I stroll down the yellow brick road,
wings slowly lift feet that walked,
now I fly, so we glide together.
Heart’s pumping, almost ready to explode,
Now we reside, forever.
I rode her love,
until we reached pearly gates,
greeted by doves and falling feathers.

With a “Ring” in hand I waited for GOD,
these vowels he’ll help us repeat.
All of our family stood around,
my words will never retreat.
Beneath my soul and soil that made me,
I hope we share a seed.
With power so devoutly invested within “US”,
I know we’ll grow a “Tree”.
The leaves will blow for all to know,
my words you can believe.
 I pledged,
The leaves will blow for all to know,
my words you can believe.
εφορία

The End
(c) TonyHanesPoetry2013

No comments:

Post a Comment