Saturday, July 9, 2011

"I Grew Up in Pain" Vol. 2

"I Grew Up in Pain"

I grew up in pain
Pain that made it hard to smile
The type
That temporarily makes me insane
When it rains
The pain flows through every vein
A hard ache for even the toughest soul
Nobody knows the hurt in each heartbeat
Even when I'm sleep
My mind creeps to a place far away
Close to comfort
Distant from the storms in my bloodstream
It seems that I'm one of the chosen few
To live a lifetime of popping pills
At times too ill to smile
Each week I dial 911
Thinking that the day has come
That I walk with the shadow of death
A dark tunnel with a glow at the end
My end is someone else beginning
Trying not to be selfish
I thank my mother for giving birth
The thirst I have for happiness
Is gigantic
Still sitting with the same pain day after day
I lay across the bed with my eyes closed
Feeling that only God knows
His son was nailed to a cross
I'm nailed to a mentality that I will never get well
Oh Well
Guess there is a Heaven and Hell on Earth
Death started at my birth
For what it’s worth
I attempt to smile

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment