Sunday, July 10, 2011

"On These Steps I Sit" #2007

"On These Steps I Sit"

The top step of this brownstone use to be a passage towards peace
A portal to what I thought was infinite happiness …Smiles
No Sadness
Madness invisible
Standing on the sidewalk I waited for inspiration
Affection
Elation
The opposite of a tear
No fears
A hug that is solid and confident
We've both been cheated on
Lied to
Cried in the night
Tonight we erase past days that should never be crossed again
Revisited
Relived
"On These Steps I Sit"
Sipping on my favorite drink
I want to drink a cup of joy again
This use to be our place of solitude
Meditation
Medication
What happened to our love?
Answer the doorbell please
"On These Steps I Sit"
Cold
Hungry
Holding an engagement ring-
that doesn't fit

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment