Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"The Last Minute In Your Arms" #Revised 8/8/2012

"The Last Minute In Your Arms"

Watching your shadow,
disappear into the darkness of night,
led me to the conclusion that your face,
would never grace my love again.
My "love" is weak.
My "love" is six feet deep.
As you take a few more steps from this union,
I realize there will be no more reunions.

No more family dinners in which dessert,
always waited for the kids to sleep.
These times were sweet.
Our seeds,
now suffer from your retreat.
How do I explain these "lonely eyes" to them?
How do you explain "Him"?
I guess 11pm,
was "The Last Minute In Your Arms".

Lies arrived last year when you were so called,
"stressed out".
You said you needed a break.
What about all of that space?
Goody Powders for the heartaches and headaches.
Oh yeah,
I too swallowed a few.
Aleve and Bayer could never defeat,
"Migraines" this marriage constructed.
Our kid’s joy,
temporarily destructed.

Your vowels were flawed.
I remember,
You had to write them "twice".
I was the fool.
You had to write them all night.
Guess you never believed your own words.
When the girls grow up,
they will not believe your own words.
This arrangement is for the "birds".

I'll take full custody.
After this fling,
you can "never" come back to me.
My two little princesses,
will never be deprived.
I cried but I'm still alive.
Real men cry in the dark,
but I see the light.
We take flight in the morning,
"The Last Minute In Your Arms",
came before "Midnight".
Goodnight...

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment